Progress Rail values the relationships we build with our suppliers and will work with suppliers who wish to publicize their relationship with us. However, because of the volume of suppliers, we do business with and in an effort to treat all suppliers fairly while protecting the Progress Rail name, we've developed and follow fairly stringent guidelines.
Supplier Communications Guidelines
- The objective of these guidelines is to:
- Preserve Progress Rail's brand name by avoiding endorsements of others' products.
- Avoid releasing competitive information.
- Ensure that suppliers' communications are in keeping with Progress Rail's corporate communications strategies.
All suppliers must have a Progress Rail Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA) on file. Suppliers are obligated to refrain from disclosing Progress Rail Confidential Information to anyone, except as expressly permitted in the NDA.
- Some statements of non-Confidential / non-Proprietary facts about Progress Rail's relationship with the supplier are appropriate but must be approved by Progress Rail on a case-by-case basis. Typically communications that are accepted include:
- An initial press release issued by the supplier announcing they’ve been awarded a contract with Progress Rail.
- A press release issued by the supplier announcing they’ve won a supplier quality award from Progress Rail.
- All communications that reference Progress Rail must be vetted through the supplier’s Progress Rail buyer who will work with Corporate Public Affairs for review.
The following are not appropriate and will not be approved:
- Details about products/services/consulting provided by the supplier to Progress Rail
- Details about equipment manufactured/installed by the supplier for a Progress Rail facility
- Details about software or other technical services provided by the supplier to Progress Rail
- Other specifications as determined by Progress Rail on a case-by-case basis
- Dollar amounts and/or volume of any contracts
- Assumptions as to how the supplier’s products/services have improved Progress Rail’s operations
- Endorsements of the supplier's product/service
- Quotes from Progress Rail employees
- Use of our photos, logo or trademarked name is prohibited in any publication, including:
- Web sites
- Case studies or white papers
- Pamphlets, brochures, radio/television ads, or any other advertising materials