ELECTRO-MOTIVE DIESEL LIMITED VACANCY
COMPANY: Elector-Motive Diesel Limited
LOCATION: Longport Depot, ST6 4NF
JOB TITLE: Locomotive Technician
WEEKLY HOURS: 37.5 – Monday to Friday
Electro-Motive Diesel have a new opportunity for an experienced Locomotive Technician with a keen eye for detail to positively contribute to the achievement of maximum operational effectiveness in the workshop area. As Locomotive Technician with Electro-Motive Diesel you will contribute to the high quality and effective execution of allocated contract maintenance and engineering projects within agreed timescales and budgets.
This role would suit someone with an engineering or mechanical background who is looking to join a progressive company with a strong work culture, where every day is different and job satisfaction is guaranteed. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of problem solving/troubleshooting and contribute to the continuous improvement of service.
Electro-Motive Diesel Limited is a subsidiary of Progress Rail, a Caterpillar Company. ElectroMotive Diesel is a growing power in its market here in the UK and increasingly, around the world. For more than half a century, Electro-Motive Diesel has hauled freight and passengers, powered ships, and generated electricity for over 100 countries around the globe. Becoming a part of the Electro-Motive Diesel means becoming a part of a challenging and bright future in our global marketplace.
Benefits of working at Electro-Motive Diesel:
· Competitive salary plus 12.5% Shift allowance
· 33 days annual leave per year (including BH’s)
· Life assurance of 3 x your annual basic salary
· Employer pension contribution of 5%
· Medical benefit salary sacrifice scheme
· Career progression
To be successful in the role you will need:
· To deliver consistently high standards of engineering workmanship for Electro-Motive and its customers
· Strong work ethics
· To have excellent, effective communications skills
· To be confident in building productive and effective working relationships
· Contribute to the delivery of customer satisfaction
· To be willing to learn new skills
· Excellent communication skills – you will be the first point of call for the fitters
· Ability to self-start and proactively deliver the service
· Able to work in a flexible manner to provide high quality specialist services which benefit the Company and lead to a high level of customer satisfaction
· Ability to develop competences and expertise in both self and others in order to gain a satisfactory standard and deliver results within agreed timescales
· Well organised with a thorough, disciplined and detailed approach to task completion
· Able to work to a high specification in order to maintain and improve quality
· A logical, analytical and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis
· Adhere to and comply with the company’s Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Policies at all times and how maintenance impacts on delivering safety standards and mitigation of risk
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
· Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
· Level 3 BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent
· Safety Critical Competence (EMD Internal Assessment)
· Driving license
· Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology
· First Aid Trained
If you would like to find out more information or would like to apply for this role please submit a CV and covering letter to Heather Kent, HR Assistant at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electro-Motive Diesels Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The facility will operate 24/7, and may require the employees to work shifts and weekends.
Please note the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
Progress Rail covers the complete value chain for railroad infrastructure, including trackwork & fasteners, rail welding, rail services, signaling & Kershaw® maintenance-of-way equipment. Our highly specialized focus on track structure and maintenance has enabled us to become the largest supplier of infrastructure products and services in the United States, with growing international exposure.Learn More
Meet the Executive Leadership Team for Progress Rail.Learn More
We are helping our customers by creating smart, connected fleets to meet and exceed the needs of the railroads of tomorrow. Our wide range of innovation products can help you take your railroad to the next level. Let us know how Progress Rail can help you today.Learn More
Progress Rail has a diversified line of EMD ® freight and passenger locomotives and new, used and leased freight cars enable us to focus on serving a single industry — the transportation of people, goods and commodities. These combine to make up our Rolling Stock division.Learn More