To undertake varied labouring activities and provide assistance to the team as instructed, at all times carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s HSEQ Policy. Responsible for the quality of own work, cleaning and tidying of work area. To work effectively and with a sense of urgency.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
· To ensure zero defects and or warranty claims on own areas of work.
· To provide a proactive and responsive service 24/7/365.
· To contribute positively to continuous improvement activities.
· Timely completion of tasks.
· Proactive and effective support of team members in service delivery.
· Maintain a safe, tidy and clean work area.
· To contribute to the quality improvement.
· To build productive and effective working relationships.
· Adhere to and comply with the Company’s Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Policies at all times.
· To participate in the Company appraisal process maintaining at all times the levels of professional competency laid out in this Job Description.
· Responsible for carrying out range of laboring duties and responsibilities.
· Provide manual and semi-skilled laborer services to EMDL as directed by Team Leader.
· Operate a variety of hand held tool and power tools as required in a safe and efficient manner in line with guidelines, policy and procedure.
· To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
· Ensure that timesheets, worksheets and all other necessary documentation is correctly completed and presented on time.
· It may be necessary to work with the company IT and associated systems from time to time in accordance with company policies.
· Maintain technical competence and attend any training courses required to maintain and improve technical standards and actively contribute to staff training.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the level of responsibilities of the post.
Essential competencies/technical requirements:
· Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
· Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
· Effective communication skills.
· English and Math’s at GCSE, or equivalent, desirable.
· City & Guilds Basic Skills in Construction award, or recognised equivalent, desirable.
· Previous on-site experience is desirable.
Progress Rail covers the complete value chain for railroad infrastructure, including trackwork & fasteners, rail welding, rail services, signaling & Kershaw® maintenance-of-way equipment. Our highly specialized focus on track structure and maintenance has enabled us to become the largest supplier of infrastructure products and services in the United States, with growing international exposure.Learn More
Meet the Executive Leadership Team for Progress Rail.Learn More
We are helping our customers by creating smart, connected fleets to meet and exceed the needs of the railroads of tomorrow. Our wide range of innovation products can help you take your railroad to the next level. Let us know how Progress Rail can help you today.Learn More
Progress Rail has a diversified line of EMD ® freight and passenger locomotives and new, used and leased freight cars enable us to focus on serving a single industry — the transportation of people, goods and commodities. These combine to make up our Rolling Stock division.Learn More